The chapter I was most excited to read was, of course, Chapter 8: Clear clutter at home. This chapter, like most others, was full of good ideas and simple strategies along with personal interviews. I am very much a paper collector, and I am also somewhat lazy, so my piles of paper and coupons and books and other items cluttering the living room just grows and grows until I get fed up and waste time cleaning it all up at once. Pretty Neat has much better solutions, including a 4 step cure: routines, rules, regards and reviews. I really liked the review part - a baby step of taking the items you can't bear to part with at the moment and putting them aside for awhile and then getting rid of the ones you haven't used after awhile. this chapter also a a very helpful section on dealing with certain types of clutter.
Pretty Neat also has chapters on delegation, to-do lists, family schedules, toy tsunamis and clearing the clutter at work, among others. I thought this book was great - it gives new and easy tips on how get organized without spending gobs of money or trying to makes your house look "perfect" like all those pictures in magazines.
What you win your own copy of Pretty Neat: The buttoned-up Way to Get Organized & Let Go of Perfection? It's easy- here's how:
Mandatory Entry:1. Comment and tell me: What is your greatest organizational challenge?
*must do the mandatory entry first*
*one comment per entry unless specified*
2. Like buttoned up on Facebook.
3. Like me on Facebook. You must like me from your personal page and leave your Facebook name or part of your name in the comment. (3 entries - leave 3 separate comments)
4. Follow buttoned up on Twitter.
5. Follow me on Twitter. Leave your Twitter name in your comment.
6. Tweet about this giveaway, using @lbandj and a link to this post or use the tweet below. Include the URL to your tweet in your comment.
"Enter to win the organizational book "Pretty Neat" @lbandj. Enter to win the organizational book "Pretty Neat" @lbandj. http://lbandj.blogspot.com/2011/03/pretty-neat-book-review-and-giveaway.html"
7. Subscribe to me via Google Friend Connect.
Open to U.S. Only. Giveaway ends on March 20, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and notified by e-mail and will have 48 hours to reply back before a new winner is selected. Good luck!