Monday, March 25, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 3/25/13


 This week begins the week and a half of crazy!! My parents arrive on Thursday, then there is Easter, then they will be here for the following week, then it is NYC for my mom's birthday, then Baby E.'s SECOND!!! birthday, then they skedaddle right before my birthday. So next week there won't be a menu plan at all, I assume. And hopefully by the time I am back to meal planning, spring will be here, and not this 40 degree, snowing nonsense we have now!! Ugh. This week I am trying to use up what I have, as the rest of this month's grocery budget will be used to make E. his birthday cake - the 6 layered rainbow cake, so I will need to get some more baking supplies!

Monday:  Pasta, probably just regular pasta with sauce and cheese.

Tuesday:  Cheesy Cheddar Ranch Chicken - will serve with veggies and leftover potatoes

 Wednesday:  The kiddo and I are off to a friend's house all day, so DH will have to fend for himself!

Thursday: parents arrive, dinner out or pizza

Friday:  We are all going out to the children's museum, so we will have lunch out - that means snacking for dinner.

Saturday: who knows! We have no plans. I will probably pull something from the freezer.

Sunday: Easter! I'm going to make Baked Eggs and Cheese for breakfast, since my parents will be here, and we'll be having an egg hunt for LO. The main meal isn't until dinnertime. MIL is serving lasagne (I miss having ham at Easter). I need to make a dessert but have no clue what... any suggestions?


Dessert of the week: Whatever I make for Easter!


Find more menus at Org Junkie




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great menu!

    Happy Birthday to everyone in your family! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a strawberry pretzel dessert. Fresh and springy tasting! Love ur menu plans....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa!!!

    Deb, that sounds wonderful to me, but DH HATES strawberries, and i have to bring something he'll eat!

    ReplyDelete