Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Cheesecake Experiment!!

For avery, very long time, I have wanted a springform pan so I could make cheesecake. Finally I found a special deal on Amazon for a panset that included aspringform pan. I made a cheesecake almost right way!

(Ingredients minus the eggs!)

But which one to make? For arecipie, I turned to my newest favorite baking blog, Brown Eyed Baker
and decided to make the first one she ever made: Oreo! With a twist... I was out of  vamilla!!! So I used peppermint extract instead.


Since this recipie is fro a 9 inch pan,and I have a10 inch, I used a few more cookies for the crust - and no butter. I also used "Lite" cream cheese, which might have been a mistake? It was very, very easy to make though!


In hindsight, maybe I should have used less cookies in the batter too? I'm not quite sure. Looked good on the way in! I baked it for one hour. Mabe that was a mistake too? LOL


Lookin GOOD!! And it was good but... it was kinda chewy. not really light and fluffy. Any ideas why? It was still good but not as good as it could have been lol!!

Here's the recipe, but please go to Brown Eyed Baker and check out all of her other delish recipes!

OREO Cheesecake
(originally posted on The Nest) 
1 cup crushed OREO cookies (about 12 cookies)
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
4 pkgs (8-oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
20 OREO cookies, quartered
**NOTE: Regular OREO cookies are recommended, as cake does not set as well with Double Stuff
1. PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees if using silver springform pan (or 300 degrees if using a dark non-stick springform pan). Mix crushed cookies and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
2. BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Gently stir in quartered cookies. Pour over crust.
3. BAKE 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with additional cookies, if desired.
Source: Nestie Lalabee0425

 





0 comments:

Post a Comment