Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cheezy Ritzy Chicken Recipe

So, I made my own version of this recipe, and it s so good!!! But I forgot to take pictures (as wonderful as they are!) so I decided to make it again. But I did the chicken differently, and it shows! After the recipe i will give my tips to make this. :) This recipe is a little sweet and a little savory.


Cheezy Ritzy Chicken


Cheezy Ritzy Chicken
(based on this recipe)
Ingredients
  • 1 pound cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) chowder cheese soup
  • 1 (8 ounce) fat free sour cream
  • 3/4 sleeve to 1 sleeve Ritz Honey Graham crackers, crushed
  • 2 to 4 Tbs butter, melted

Directions  
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
  2. In a medium bowl, add first 3 ingredients.  Stir.
  3. Pour into greased casserole dish.  
  4. Top with crackers.  Drizzle butter on top.
  5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until sides start to bubble up.
(Serves 4 to 6)
Cheezy Ritzy Chicken
My chicken was frozen, so i cooked it in the crock pot. However, that made it more shredded than chunky, so it soaked up more of the sauce. If you chunk and cook the chicken you can get 6 servings. The shredded chicken only yielded 4.

for the crackers, use as many as will cover the top of the dish, or more if you'd like. Ditto on the butter - I used less to save on a few calories, but I am sure it tastes better with more butter!! :D






0 comments:

Post a Comment