Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tiger lil by Jodi Lynn Anderson Review

Tiger LilyTiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a huge Peter Pan fan, and I try to read and see everything related to the story. I was excited to read this book because it looked like a different take on the well know adventures... and it was. Narrated by Tinker Bell, having a detached yet emotional narrator worked perfectly. Tiger Lily herself was was well drawn out, and it was interesting to see the way she was with Peter. Peter was exactly the way I expcect4ed him to be. I enjoyed all of the main characters in their own way - there is no real "villain" to root for or against. The characters change and gro throughout the book.

This book has many messages and undercurrents, and Anderson does a great job of guiding the characters into the choices they make. Those choices, even small ones that aren't really thought about at first, change everything. The messages aren't preachy or heavy handed. They just happen as Tiger Lily and Peter go about their lives.

I loved this book, and was wondering how it would end, even as I was reading the ending! Endings make or breaks books a lot of the time, and this ending really made the book. It actually makes you think!

View all my reviews



0 comments:

Post a Comment