Thursday, September 26, 2013

How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

How My Summer Went Up in FlamesHow My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was not what I expected. I thought it would be like the typical fun, YA beach read.... Boy cheats on girl, girl (accidentally) blows up his car, get a temporary restraining order, girl gets forced to go on a road trip to help her get over boy then she (of course!) falls in love with one of the guys she is road tripping with. But it really was more than that, and Dokorski slowly lets Rosie discover who she is and who she wants to be. I loved seeing Rosie change, influenced by the boys she is with as well as the adventures they go on. I felt like all of the characters were written in a realistic way and behaved they way they do for believable reasons. Though I do think that she fell for the wrong guy lol!!

I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway.

View all my reviews



0 comments:

Post a Comment