Thursday, December 2, 2010

Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies!

Tomorrow I am going to a cookie swap! Yummm. Of course, I can't make cookies I've made before, so I searched through my bookmarks and came up with 3 contenders... which I  literally kept opened on my Firefox for 3 days until I made my final decision. And this is why buffet restaurants are my favorite LOL So bad at making decisions.

I took this Double Chocolate Toffee Cookie recipe from Good, Cheap Eats. I did change it a little, I doubled it as well - since I need 48 cookies, and I wasn't sure how many this recipe made. These cookies were so good!!!!  My doubled recipe made 79 cookies but the first few cookies were smaller than the rest  - these don't spread very much.

Photobucket

Here's my very slightly modified recipe (note: this is for one batch, but the recipe can be easily doubled)

Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies

2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup crushed Heath bars

Preheat oven to 350°. In mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, whip butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and continue whipping until incorporated. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate, and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Beat in flour mixture and stir in crushed candy.

Spoon dough onto cookie sheet by rounded tablespoonfuls. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool in pan for a few minutes, then cool on rack.

(Instead of chocolate chips, I used an 85% dark Lindt chocolate bar)


0 comments:

Post a Comment