Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm Still Here!

Emmett was 3 weeks old yesterday! I don't know where the time went - it seems like the days go so quickly, but his birth seems like it happened so long ago! Having a newborn has been the hardest thing i have ever done in my life. I still am in some pain too. And of course, exhausted! 5 hours of restless sleep a night... naps just don't happen :( But overall it has been a fun ride so far... a few more weeks until it is supposed to get better they say lol

I hope to be back in the swing of things soon. Monday Jeff goes back to work, so we'll see how it goes with just Emmett and me all day. i am a little nervous but we'll be fine!

(Here is a pic of our adorable boy in his Easter outfit, before I get  to the meat of this post!)
Awww! <3


I did want to post a link to this article from Intentionally Katie. She is one of my favorite bloggers becuase she is so real. She recently wrote a must-read post called Raising Future Husbands. I am very lucky that Jeff does so much around the house. I think that was an advantage to marrying someone who had been on his own for awhile - he HAD to know how to clean and cook and do laundry, etc. Now that I am SAHM, I am planning on doing more around the house, but he will still be helping out. All of the things he has done since Emmett was born has been amazing - this house would be a smelly mess without him. As much as we joke about having a kid to do all of the household chores - it IS important to teach him the basics and have him help out around the house. We want to teach him to be self-sufficient. and one of the reasons why Jeff is such a good husband is that he can take care of the household and does help out. I want Emmett to be like that as well.

Anyway, if you have a son, then you should definitely check out Katie's post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment