This recipe is from $5 Dinners. All of the price calculations are from Erin!
|Three Cheese Spaghetti Bake|
Three Cheese Spaghetti BakeRecipe by Erin at $5 Dinners.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 9-10 oz. whole grain spaghetti noodles ($.30)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.05) [I used garlic flavored]
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar ($.10) [I used 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar]
- 1 pint grape tomatoes ($.69) [Omitted!!]
- 1 small onion, chopped ($.20)
- 6 oz. package Feta cheese ($3.99) [I used 4 oz, as that is how much the package contained]
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese ($.50)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese [I used 1/2 cup... I forgot to buy cheese!]
- 1 cup milk ($.10)
- 2 eggs ($.20)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat to 350.
- Cook the pasta noodles as directed. Drain and rinse with cold water. (If you don’t rinse, the heat from the pasta can cook the eggs in the cheese mixture…so get them nice and cool before combining.)
- Meanwhile, in a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and saute the tomatoes and chopped onion, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until most of the tomatoes have “popped.”
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Feta, Parmesan, mozzarella, milk and eggs. Once the pasta is rinsed and cooled, fold it into the cheese mixture.
- Then combine the cheese-pasta mixture with the sauteed onions and tomatoes. Spread flat in the skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs have set in the middle. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- Serve Three Cheese Spaghetti Pie with side salad, fresh fruit or vegetables (whatever you have on hand!).