Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling review

The Casual VacancyThe Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was not what I was expecting. The end is still making me think.

It starts with the death of Barry Fairbrother, and all of the characters are introduced in the first few chapters. There are A LOT of characters, and I had a horrible time of keeping them straight. They all had different personality types, and each was well written. Every one had their own flaws. There were just a lot!

Then the book goes into why Barry's death is such a big deal, setting up the main plot point which so much of the book revolves around. It was a different type of storytelling, and I enjoyed it.

At times, the book was just too much - too many storylines, too many people, to much going on. Towards the end, I was getting a little impatience for the book to be over ans wondering if the conclusion would be satisfactory. Then, boom, a big old surprise came and suddenly I had to see what happened!!

This book showcases what a good storyteller JK Rowling is. It is a long read, sometimes a maddening read, but it is a good read.

View all my reviews



0 comments:

Post a Comment