Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream Cupcakes review!

You might remember that my birthday was a few weeks ago. Usually I request an ice cream cake, but this year I decided to try the ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone Creamery.


As you can see, the look good! And they were pretty good. The front one is red velvet cake with cake batter ice cream, the left one is yellow cake with sweet cream ice cream, and the right is the flavor of the month: Oreo.

The top frosting was delicious. It was light and airy. The ice cream was very good, except the sweet cream seemed lacking. The bottom layer of cake, however, is VERY thin. For someone like me who prefers her cake ice cream-less, it is isn't a big deal, but you might think otherwise! The chocolate shell was very tasty but hard to eat with the ice cream, since it broke into big chunks.



Overall, these were good for a special treat, but at around $20 for a six pack, it is barely worth the price. Next year, I'll stick to a Carvel cake. Mmmm, chocolate crunchies!!!

5 comments:

  1. These do look good, but I have to agree about the price. Kind of steep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look very tasty. Thanks for letting me know there isn't much cake. I love a good mix of cake and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My local Cold Stone Sells the 6 pack of cupcakes for $9.99, where is the Cold Stone located that you purchased from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was in NY... everything is expensive around here lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried these before; not bad, but I just love regular cupcakes and these (especially the cake part) do not compare. I think I'll stick to ice cream and cake separately.

    ReplyDelete