Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lemon Coolers Recipe

Our stove was busy today!! First I made Lemon Coolers, then Jeff made almond cookies (if you want the recipe LMK). Then I made baked chicken for dinner later on in the day. Phew.

So, I decided that my Easter cookies would be lemony - a great taste for spring. I searched through allrecipies and ended up adapting a few recipes to make my own version of Lemon Coolers.They are so simple to make!

(The confectioners' sugar is missing!)


Ingredients

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T almond extract (I used a little vanilla also to use it up. You could also use lemon)
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar



1. Preheat oven the 350 degrees F
2. Mix together cake mix, whipped topping, extract and egg until well mixed. Batter will be really sticky!!
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar and turn to coat. Smoosh into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. (Note... make them bigger than the ones in this picture! The bigger ones are better.)


4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Try to take them out before they brown. Makes 36 or more cookies.

And note... powdered sugar will get EVERYWHERE.... but that is part of the fun!! :D


Happy Easter again... and Happy Spring!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment