Here is the recipe, and its modifications by me:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used a whole t.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg , beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I was still out of vanilla, so I used maple!)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chip (I added more as usual!!)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the well of the dry mixture.
- Mix until just moistened, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.