Sunday, May 16, 2010

Easy Dinner - Cheeseburger Pasta

This weekend was a bit of a spring cleaning weekend for us. We switched out our winter clothes for summer ones (huzzah!), did some yard work, ALL of the laundry and some other cleaning as well.

That left me one tired girl and not in the mood for cooking. Luckily, I had already planned on making this quick and easy Cheeseburger Pasta from Campbell's.


1 pound ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup  (Regular or Healthy Request®)
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups uncooked medium shell-shaped pasta
  • Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
  • Stir the soups, water and pasta in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring often.
EASY!!! I loved that i didn't have to pre-cook the pasta. But it was a little bland - I thought we had onion and garlic,but we didn't. So I'd definitely recommend adding some spices, etc.  It also reheats well, and the pasta didn't get too soft or soggy. We served it with corn, and the corn was delicious mixed in with it.


2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds like it will be really good with the extra spices you recommended. I want to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy! Thanks for sharing a quick diner :) For some added nutrition though, I think I will try this with a pasta our family loves that is made from Kamut Khorasan Wheat! It is so healthy and tastes great - I bet this would be a great around our house. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete