Friday, July 1, 2011

Making a "Real" Dinner...

Back on Weight Watchers,  I am trying to broaden my cooking skills... Yeah, based on tonight it is gonig to be a long and rough journey!

One of my favorite healthy recipe blogs is skinnytaste.com. Gina has a lot of great recipes and include the weight watchers Points values.

So tonight I made Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Peas. Yes, I actually chopped up a bunch of vegetables. My hand smells so gross, like cilantro I think. It took a long time, probably a good 30 minutes to cut it all up and cook the meat. This is SO not my thing, but it is healthy and 5 points... so that is what is the most important!

It looks a lot better than this picture!


And you know what? it was REALLY good! a bit spicy for me - too much cilantro or cumin I think, but really flavorful and filling. I would make it again... err have Jeff make it ;)

2 comments: