Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Daring Barkers September Challenge... a few! days late!

The September 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mandy of “What the Fruitcake?!” Mandy challenged everyone to make Decorated Sugar Cookies based on recipes from Peggy Porschen and The Joy of Baking.

I messed up my days and so the day I baked my cookies was the day the challenge was supposed to be up... oopsie? I didn't get a chance to do the  icing until today.

They were supposed to represent September, which to me means fall, so I made apples, pumpkins and leaves. I also had a new star cutter so I made a few stars.

I made the thinner ones the way I usually do... with sprinkles and jimmies and fun little things.


Here is my finished, iced cookies. Not too bad for a first time, especially since I only have 3 tips, and I have no clue what "number" they are.


I also used some edible glitter. (They look better in person!)






I tried to use the icing over method, but my icing was jsut too thin by the end. IDK why but it thinned up the more it sat.




My yellow ones...




The strs with the iridescent glitter!



Well one thing is off my bucket list! LOL I enjoyed the icing part, but I think I'd only do it again for a very special occasion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment