|peanut butter banana muffins|
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
- 3 ripe medium bananas *I used 2*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp Better'n peanut butter (divided into 8 tablespoons and 2 tablespoons) *I used regular creamy*
Preheat oven to 325°. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and 8 tablespoons peanut butter, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
Pour batter into muffin tin halfway, then add 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining peanut butter into each muffin well. Top off each muffin with remaining batter,making sure to blend the batter already in the cup with the after you jut put in.* Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* I just topped the muffins with the extra batter, and it was like they were topped with the extra batter NOT like they were a muffin with peanut butter inside*
|this is what happens when you try to photograph a todder's breakfast...|