Saturday, January 12, 2013

Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies... gooey chocolate chips!

The other day I received a belated Christmas gift from my mom - a cookie dough scoop! I knew she was sending it, but had forgotten, so when I saw it in the midst of gifts for E, I knew I had to make cookies ASAP. Only having one egg yet having way too much yogurt, I knew exactly what kind of cookies to make! These are super soft, and the chips stay gooey. The only change I would make next time was to add a little cinnamon - they are a tiny bit bland.

little circles of yumminess!

Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookies 
based on the recipe by Shannon's Kitchen Creations

  • 1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  •  3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (Greek or regular)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Makes 36 small cookies

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets (or use parchment or silpat.)
  2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in yogurt and vanilla. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until incorporated, then mix in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown. Cool for a minute on the cookie tray before removing.
round dough! love my cookie dough scoop!





1 comment:

  1. mmmm don't they look good :)

    I made some the other day and gosh I want more !

    ReplyDelete