Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Daring Baker's July 2010 Challenge: Swiss Roll Ice Cream "Bombe"

The July 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Sunita of Sunita’s world – life and food. Sunita challenged everyone to make an ice-cream filled Swiss roll that’s then used to make a bombe with hot fudge. Her recipe is based on an ice cream cake recipe from Taste of Home. -

This was my very first time doing a Daring Bakers challenge, and yes it was a bit of a challenge! 

I started by making the ice creams. I decided on a Mint Chocolate Chip


 and a Peanut Butter ice cream. I was surprised at how easy to make they both were.
 I had been kinda intimidated to make ice cream without an ice cream maker, but  no more!

Next up was to make the swiss rolls! They were really easy to make, too.
Here is an action shot - folding in the coca powder.



The two cakes in the pans ready to bake!!!



After baking, I rolled the cakes to cool, then made the filling. It was very very liquidy, but tasted good anyway! Then i rolled up the  cakes again!

Then it was time for the msot time consuming part - the assembly!! I cut the rolls and put them in the bottom of my bowl.


Then the first layer of ice cream, homemade chocolate sauce (that didn't thicken either) then the other ice cream!

The finished product:


But you know what? the chocolate covered cakes taste sooo good!!!!
It looks ugly but tastes yummy :D



3 comments:

  1. i don't think it's ugly!!! I think yhou did a great job, way to go! Tia @ buttercreambarbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY BF LOVES mint chocolate chip (and I LOVE peanut butter) and we would kill for your swiss swirl bombe over mine LOL It looks beautiful..great job!

    ReplyDelete