Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

Artsy pic!!


What a day. It was supposed to be rainy, so I planned to bake... just baby E and me, for the first time since he was born. The few times I have baked, Jeff has been home to watch the baby. But, I didn't have eggs and had to use up the milk. I wanted to use up some canned pumpkin, too, but couldn't find a recipe that used what I had on hand. So, I asked around and eventually found a peanut butter cookie recipe. But it was after 3:30 by the time I could make it... after I put a very cranky boy down for a nap. So i had to rush through them (taking a lot longer than I thought... thankfully after his nap the babe was just fine hanging out in the bebe pod in the kitchen) but thankfully Jeff got home way late from work today, so I was  done by the time he got here.  Phew. So much for a relaxing rainy day LOL!!!


Fresh out of the oven and still puffy!!

Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
adapted from cooks.com
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies

1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
5 tbsp. skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup white chocolate chips 

Thoroughly cream butter, sugars, milk and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter and add dry ingredients. Stir in chips, Drop from a teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
 
Yum!
 Here are some tips:
  • These cookies are thin and chewy, but not crumbly
  • Let them cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring them to the cooling rack
  • The dough was super soft for me - it was much easier to work with after being in the fridge awhile
And to end....a pic of my babe watching me make these!





0 comments:

Post a Comment