Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mat Kearney's Young LoveReview

I was first introduced to Mat Kearney by my best friend, Teresa. She is very involved in music, and we have very similar musical tastes. Every month on her Web site Hotel Cafe Junkie, she chooses a new artist to spotlight. So it was through her I discovered Mat.

Mat's new album, his third, Young Love, debuted on the #1 spot on iTunes Album and Rock charts and is currently sitting at #7!

Propelled by the sunny handclap and catchy hook of hit single "Hey Mama", Young Love is quickly making listeners fall for Mat all over again.  Check out the video for "Hey Mama" here










If you aren't familiar with Mat's music you've probably heard some of his previous hits on your favorite TV shows.  Past songs have appeared on 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, The Hills, Friday Night Lights, Scrubs, NCIS, and numerous other television shows.  Mat's been winning over crowds on tours with everyone from John Mayer and Sheryl Crow to Keane and The Fray.


Mat's style is varied. He is popish and folkish and also does a little bit of rapping! I know!! My favorite songs are Ships in the Night and Sooner or Later. I am a big lyrics person, and Mat write wonderful lyrics. His tour starts Wednesday, so check him out in  town near you!



I was sent a copy of Mat Kearney's Young Love CD from theO2O network for the purposes of this review. No other compensation was received. All thoughts are my own opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment