Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cupcakes for Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to any dads who might be reading this! Extra special wishes go out to my dad - love you and miss you like crazy!! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Today will be spent w/J's family as usual.I have a good WW plan of attack - appetizers will be limited to veggies, 2 swipes of dip and 3 pieces of cheese. (Depending on what they have of course!) Dinner will be on the grill, usually chicken, so that's ok. Will have to control the sides. It'll probably be potato salad and other stuff like that that I don't like. Dessert, well, that is my weakness LOL!! I will just have what i LIKE and only one serving.

And speaking of dessert... look at what J and I are bringing!
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting from Brown Eyed Baker.
Forgot to take a pic of the batter, etc, but here is some carnage:




Here is my finished product:


You can see where I did my very first piping :D BUT I decided it would take too long and wasn't sure if there'd be enough frosting, so I just did regular frosting on the rest.



It REALLY started because Jeff wanted to make Mr. Pricklepants ones. Mr. Pricklepants is a new character from Toy Story 3 - and yes YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE! It is funny and sweet and sad and nail biting amazing. The idea is from http://family.go.com/disney
I think he did a really good decorating job!! :D




Such great attention to detail.. yup, he is the artist of the family!



We are off to see hisfamily!  Hope you all are having a wonderful day!  <3


2 comments:

  1. wow, those are really amazing! Great decorating! Also, I hope the WW plan of attack goes through! I didn't so well, 5 Krispe Kreme doughnuts:( I could sulk or I could get back on the wagon!

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great

    I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete