Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cozy mystery Challenge 2012: Book 1: Eggs in Purgatory

I signed up for the challenge last year and DID read all of the books I signed up for... I just didn't blog them all. Oops. So we are trying again this year. Wish me luck!!!


Eggs in Purgatory (A Crackleberry Club mystery) by Laura Childs review

Description: Suzanne, Toni, and Petra lose their husbands but find independence when they open the Cackleberry Club. Then their cozy cafe becomes the scene of a crime when a lawyer dies with a secret on his lips and egg on his face. What this all has to do with a religious cult and Suzanne's past could put her own life on the line. (via amazon)



Review: Eggs in Purgatory starts off with the murder being quickly established. The tale spins of from there and includes a lot of characters - I got lost among them. I had no clue who the murderer was - even after the person was named! However, I did like how different Suzanne, Petra and Toni were. Each one added their own part of the story. And I SO wish the Crackleberry Club really did exist!

I too wondered how a cult would fit into this story and it brings a level of seriousness to the story. I enjoyed trying to figure out how each different element fit into the murders - cults and churches and egg delivery trucks and the mayor and even the bumbling chief of police.

Eggs in Purgatory was very engaging and definitely a puzzler. It is the first in the Crackleberry Club series, and I will be sure to read the rest of the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment