Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for...

A is for Absent

Disneyland in 2007, with two of my best friends

couldn't leave out Miss Teresa!

Does "absent"  seem like a strange way to start this blogging challenge about a place and company that I love? Let me explain...

My journey with Disney really started in 2004. I was a Disney fan as a child, as we went as a family to WDW  for Magic Kingdom's 15th anniversary. (I was 10!). But it wasn't until I moved to Los Angeles (much older than age 10) and planned a trip to Disneyland with my friends that I really got bit by the Disney bug. In planning that first trip and several that followed, I joined a few message boards, including a new one called MiceChat. It was through MiceChat that I made so many friends, including my husband!

The night Jeff and I met, with another great friend


We now live in New York and go to Disneyland/World once or twice a year... not once or twice a moth like I used to. So I am absent. Absent from my friends, absent from the place makes me the happiest, absent from seeing where so many memories have taken place, absent from maknig more memories... out of the loop on so many things. My heart is there but the rest of me is absent.

couldn't leave out Walt Disney World!

We have trip to Disneyland and a trip to Walt Disney World planned for this year. They cannot get here soon enough!

4 comments:

  1. I have never been to Disney World. It's been a goal of mine since I was a child. Someday . . . someday . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's me! <3
    Miss you LB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's me too! <3
    That must have been a great conversation. lol
    The love couch, something magical happened that night. Tear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I hope you get there! It is worth the wait!

    I miss you me toos <3

    ReplyDelete